PREPARING MY LEARNING
These are the basic guidelines you need to know about the GripTape Learning Challenge:
You’re completely in charge of deciding what you explore and how you do it.
This learning happens outside of school.
No more than 1/3 of your time in the Challenge is spent in adult-led experiences like classes.
You can apply by yourself or in a group of up to 3 youth.
- You are between 15 and 19 years old.
To apply for the GripTape Learning Challenge, you need to complete 4 steps:
Fill out GripTape’s online application to give us some basic information about you.
- Read the application questions below so you include answers to them in your application materials.
- Decide the format you want to use for your application materials, such as a poem, video,
song, essay, presentation, voice recording, or something else. These materials are the place
where you get to tell us in detail what you want to pursue with this opportunity. Inspire us!
- Submit your application!
When you complete the online application, you’ll be given the choice to submit your materials in 1 of 4 ways:
By typing your answers into the online application form when you’re prompted to
By sharing a digital link to your materials in the online application form when you’re prompted to
- By speaking to a GripTape team member to give your answers by phone (We’ll contact you to set this up once we get your application.)
- By emailing your materials to GripTape Program Manager, Ariel Lawrence, at email@example.com
Be sure to address these questions in your application materials.
- What topic are you planning to explore throughout this Challenge, and why are you passionate about it?
- What are your goals for your Challenge? What do you hope to learn?
- How do you plan to accomplish your goals?
- How will learning about this topic help you be successful, now or in the future?
- If you’re applying as part of a group, tell us about your team members.