Designed by you. Led by you. Supported by GripTape.
The GripTape Learning Challenge gives young people the opportunity and support to pursue what they’re passionate about.
- You’re in charge of deciding what you explore and planning how you'll do it.
- This learning happens outside of school.
- No more than 1/3 of your time in the Challenge is spent in
adult-led experiences like classes.
- You can apply by yourself or in a group with up to 3 youth.
- You are between 15 and 19 years old.
- April 25, 2017: Applications open
- May 31, 2017: Applications close
- By June 15, 2017: Applicants are notified
- By July 1, 2017: Learning journeys begin
- By September 3, 2017: Learning journeys finish
Applications for our next Learning Challenge are now open!
Join us for an online information session.
Click the links below to join a session from a computer or mobile device at the scheduled time.
If you prefer to call in, dial (646) 558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID below your preferred date.
Check out all of our Challengers and their journeys.
Grip tape is an anti-slip adhesive used by skateboarders to anchor themselves to their board so they can take control of where they want to go and how they want to get there. GripTape, the organization, gives young people the traction they need to sieze control of their own learning, choose their purposes, and achieve their full potential. GripTape is an initiative of the America Achieves accelerator, and part of a community of change-leaders seeking systems change across education.